2. Collection of Information
The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service’s technologies.
a. Information provided by you
The types of information the Service collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to the Service:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and telephone number;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Educational and employment background;
- Comments and feedback;
- Interests and communication preferences.
b. Information Collected Automatically
The Service automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Service. Examples of information collected automatically include:
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on a Service;
- Location information for location-aware Services to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
We may use and disclose automatically collected information for any purpose, except where we are restricted by applicable law. If we combine any automatically collected information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information.
We may also use aggregated information for any purpose, however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
c. Cookies and Control Freak
- “Session” cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close your browser;
- “Persistent” cookies, which remain until you delete them or they expire;
- Web beacons, which are electronic images also known as single-pixel gifs.
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Service, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Service.